the f-35 is really quite something. It was designed with some awesome technology similar to that of the f-22. the f-16 will eventually be replaced with the f-35 jsf. some of its systems will include
- Northrup Grumman advanced electronically scanned array (AESA) multi-function radar
- Snader/Litton Amecon electronic countermeasures equipment
- Lockheed Martin electro-optical targeting system
- Northrup Grumman distributed aperture infrared sensor (DAIRS) thermal imaging system
- Vision Systems International advanced helmet-mounted display
It will also be capable of carrier landings with slight differences
large wing and control surfaces make for slow approaches and the landing gear will have longer stroke and a higher load compacity, it also has twice the range of internal fuel.